In the first two weeks of December, 2008, more than 800 people are reported to have died of cholera in Zimbabwe.
Instead of giving a humanitarian response to a human tragedy, Britain and the western powers are trying to use it to oust Robert Mugabe, the ruler of Zimbabwe.
British Prime Minister Gordon Browne has been most insensitive, trying to use human suffering for political ends.
The people who are helping the victims in Zimbabwe are a Muslim group from South Africa.
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------
Top Ten Idiots of the Year 2008
Information gathered by New Trend's Think Tank was used to come up with this list of Top Ten Idiots of the Year 2008. The list was released by Imam Badi Ali, Jamaat al-Muslimeen National Shoora leader [North Carolina] on December 21, 2008.
1. President George Bush. He is totally unaware that he has brought misery, death and destruction to millions of people around the world, in particular to Iraqis, Palestenians, Afghans, Somalis and Pakistanis. He is still claiming that he brought "democracy" and "freedom." He is so incapable of thought that he could not relate to reality even as the American people themselves, including some Republicans, saw him as the source of much evil. The Iraqi journalist Montader al-Zaidi spoke for Arabs, Muslims and Americans when he threw two shoes at Bush, one expressing contempt, ["dog"], and the second for the deaths of masses of women and children. After that countless people in Arab countries metaphorically threw their shoes at Bush, the ultimate symbol of contempt and disgust.
2. Mahmoud Abbas. President of the Palestinian Authority [PA], is used as a puppet by the U.S. and Israel. He thinks he is the leader of the Palestinian people. PALESTINE is a central issue for the global Muslim ummah and Abbas is certainly unfit to lead such a nation. Gaza has been turned into a concentration camp by his masters but he continues to work for personal power and for the fragmentation and disunity of Palestine.
3. Hosni Mubarak, President of Egypt. He has isolated Egypt from the Arab world and the Muslim world. His state of mind can be seen from the fact that he is a partner with Israel in the embargo on Gaza. The U.S. sends opponents to be tortured by Hosni's regime which is notorious for its crimes against humanity. Shaikh Omar 'Abdel Rahman, top Islamic scholar, teacher, Hafiz is in a U.S. prison owing to Hosni's desire to suppress Egypt's rights and its humanity and to serve Israel and the U.S.
4. King Abdullah of Jordan. This playboy king makes the circuits of American casinos and nightclubs totally unconcerned about the steady erosion of the rights of people in his country and the entire Middle East. He is kept in power by an elite bodyguard and by Israeli and U.S. intelligence services. His father handed over Jerusalem to the Israelis almost without a fight. His grandfather sold Palestine to the Jews.
5. Mohammed Syed Tantawi, Grand Shaikh of al-Azhar: Slowly and steadily Tantawi has allowed himself to be used against Islam by the Egyptian dictator Hosno Mubarak. He is willing to serve and is useful because many Muslims do not know that he is an appointee of the regime. His behavior is becoming erratic as it came out in his efforts to support the edicts of the President of Egypt and to please Europe. He came out against hijab with the idea that France has the right to ban it. Very recently he claimed that Hamas is preventing pilgrims from going to Makka. Thus one of greatest centers of Islamic learning has been usurped.
6. Asif Ali Zardari, President of Pakistan. He can be best understood as "General Musharraf without the uniform." The Zionists and the Americans play games with him. He thinks he can outsmart them, though he is TOTALLY in their control. He is providing a civilian front for Pakistan army's attempts to crush the people of Frontier province, in particular those who stand for Islam and those who support the Islamic resistance in Afghanistan. Zardari's world view is very narrow: It does not go beyond himself and thus he suits the purposes of the enemies of Pakistan perhaps more than Musharraf did [which was the lowest of the low]. He does not realize that like Musharraf, he will be used and discarded.
7. Gordon Browne, Prime Minister of "Great" Britain: He still cannot face the fact that Tony Blair was a failure and a great liar. Most Britons were against Blair's support for Bush. Browne was expected to make a break with Blair's tricks and frauds, but Browne has betrayed the British people. He can't see that the presence of British troops in Afghanistan is a throwback to colonial times and an attempt to resurrect the crusades. His narrow view of the world and inability to think rationally portends major problems for Britain.
8. Sarkozy, President of France. He is funny in a weird kind of way, but behind the jokes and the grand gestures lies the bland old program of imperialism. His positions on Sudan, Afghanistan and Iran show that he is being used and is happy to be used as long as he can play in the waters of Maine with Bush and others. His irresponsible behavior in Chad and Africa in general smacks of a backward mindset.
9. Hamad ibn Isa al-Khalifah, The ruler of Bahrain. He hosts one of the biggest U.S. military bases in the Middle East. He has been in secret contact with Israelis and is now openly calling for relations with Israel. A wise ruler would bond with his own people and care for them, so that they will care for him. Instead this man is making himself available to outside powers while trying to crush his own people.
10. Vice President Cheyney. Many people consider him an evil genius. We were reluctant to list him as an idiot but his defense of torture shows that he is incapable of thought. As Vice President, he was in the service of the neo-cons and was willing to push their war agenda. Such slow thinkers are easy fare for the control groups which ran Bush's presidency.
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- -------
New Trend sends Christmas greetings to its Christian readers. Please send greetings to these eminent Prisoners of Conscience.
At Christmas time we urge Christian readers and Muslims who understand this issue to write letters of support and compassion to these two prisoners of conscience. Rudolf and Zundel are the two most eminent prisoners among several thousand who have been imprisoned for "thought crimes." A thought crime in Germany means any effort to question, discuss or deny the Jewish story of the "holocaust" during World War II.
Please do not write any political or holocaust-related comments in your letters.
This report from the BBC did not make it to the Pakistani press and of course not to U.S. media.
16 December 2008
Hindus rally for Muslim charity
Hundreds of members of Pakistan's Hindu community have turned out to protest on behalf of a Muslim charity accused by India over the deadly Mumbai attacks. The protesters in the city of Hyderabad in Sindh province complained that Jamaat-ud-Dawa was not a terrorist organisation and should not be banned. They said it was a "saviour" in providing food and water. India says Jamaat-ud-Dawa is a front for Lashkar-e-Taiba which it blames for the attacks that killed more than 170. Water wells Many in Pakistan's minority Hindu community are poor farm workers. One protester, Biga Ram, told Reuters news agency: "How can an organisation be terrorist if it's been providing food and water to us despite knowing that we're not Muslims?" She added: "They're friends of humanity. We condemn the ban. It's unjust." Some of the banners read: "Do not ban our saviour!" Bhai Chand, a Hindu community leader, told Associated Press the charity had set up water wells in the desert. Pakistan has yet formally to ban Jamaat-ud-Dawa, which has been put on a blacklist by the UN Security Council. Its bank accounts have been frozen by the Pakistani government and a number of members detained. India blames Lashkar-e-Taiba, which is fighting Indian rule in Kashmir, for training the Mumbai attackers. The group and the Pakistani government deny involvement.
Dec. 1, 2008: December began with an al-Qaida attack on the Police Academy in Baghdad. It was a truck bomb combined with a martyrdom operator. The "authorities" admitted 19 killed 45 wounded in the attack.
Fighting in the Mosul area is a daily routine but on December 1 there was a serious al-Qaida attack which killed 16 Shi'ite police organized by the U.S.
"We have to put much more effort into Afghanistan. " Obama appointee Medeleine Albright as new National Security Adviser speaking to self-confessed lesbian Rachel Maddow." [MSNBC December 1, 2008]
Taliban posing threat to Kabul: report [Daily Dawn, Karachi] [Excerpt]